The Vancouver Island South Candidate forum took place April 24th at The Atrium in downtown Victoria. In attendance was Carole James, NDP candidate for Victoria-Beacon Hill, and Chris Maxwell, BC Greens candidate for Victoria Swan Lake. The moderated discussion focussed on mental health and addictions care in British Columbia and followed a series of questions organized around the five pillars of our CMHA BC declaration.
- What steps will your party take to ensure prevention and early intervention are prioritized in the 2017 healthcare budget?
- How will your party build an integrated, accessible addiction healthcare system?
- What commitments has your party made to strengthen recovery in communities?
- What steps will your party take to improve crisis care in our province?
- How will your party lead change in mental health and addictions?
Unfortunately, the BC Liberals were unable to attend due to scheduling constraints.
Check out the recording to hear what candidates had to say in response!
You can view the twitter feed from the forum here.
For more information about this forum, please write to email@example.com